Shopping and Tradesman’s List
FOOD AND DRINK
– A Day’s Walk a new local company offering supermarket-style daily home delivery service, only featuring produce from producers and businesses within a day’s walk of our location. They are based in Field Broughton are delivering to the South Lakeland area. This is their guarantee that when they say local, they mean local!
Order online at www.adayswalk.co.uk
Contact details: Colin Sneath, email: email@example.com
– Akhi Indian Restaurant, Grange. Tel: 015395-36583. Full Takeaway menu after 17.00 daily
– At Home Café and Bistro, Grange over Sands. Tel: 015395-34400 are offering a takeaway service and free home delivery
– Brooke Supplies, Flookburgh Tel: 015395-58510 for dog and animal food plus emergency hardware supplies, etc. Will deliver larger orders or contact free collections from 08.00 daily except Sunday.
– Cartmel Drinkshop, The Shop is closed but they are making daily local deliveries. They have great value case deals on wine and, also a good selection of spirits available. They are also delivering Unsworth’s yard Brewery Beer. Please see their Facebook page for current offers or call 07966681706 for any information.
– Cartmel Food Shed, The Causeway. Phone Lindsay on 07900 805585. Weekend special meals, see website for details.
– Cartmel Village Shop – Tel: 36280. Extended opening times: – Monday – Thursday, 09.00-12.00; Friday & Saturday, 09.00-16.00 and Sunday, 10.00-14.00.
– Chris Lark The Fishman. Pre-Order Tel: 01253-857842 or 07805-707393. Every Thursday in Cartmel, 10.00 Main Square near Fish Slabs; 11.00 Town End Meadow/Haggs Lane Junction; 11.15 Headless Cross end of Allithwaite Road.
– Cockles in Cartmel Tel: 015395-59203 (HQ), the Cartmel Shop is open 7 days a week and a delivery service is available
– E. Hargan – Wholesale greengrocers, Flookburgh. Tel: 015395-59058 delivering boxes of vegetables for £10 or boxes of fruit for £13.
– Fletchers Fruit and Veg, Grange over sands. Tel: 015395-32518. Free Local Delivery.
– Furness Fish and Game, Flookburgh. Tel 015395-59544. Free Local Delivery, online menu and ordering or over the phone.
– Grange Charcoal Grill. Tel: 015395 38853 for takeaway kebabs and pizzas, delivery charge of £1.
– Gillam’s Tearoom. Tel: 01229 587564 – minimum spend £30 with free delivery to Cartmel. Fresh bread, Yeast and flour, Chocolate, Vegan food, Over 100 varieties of coffees and teas, Boxes of organic vegetables, Cupboard essentials, Eco-cleaning products, Eco-toiletries and Wines and Real Ales.
– Grange Bakery. Tel 015395-36802. Delivery Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
– Hampsfell House Hotel, Grange over Sands. Tel 015395-32567 are delivering meals for £1 with 1 course at £8, £10 for 2 and £12 for 3 courses. Wed to Friday inclusive.
– Hazelmere Bakery, Grange over Sands. New Call and Collect. Call on 015395-32972 press option 1 to place order for contactless collection. Their new socially distanced screens are in place and their floor is all marked out to keep customers and staff safe.
– Higginsons Butchers, Grange over Sands. Tel: 015395-34367 are offering a delivery service for all their products and is free for orders over £25.
– McClures Food Retail Cash and Carry wide range of products including ready meals and frozen food. Offering new ‘Click’ Online ordering service. They have a friendly collection hub service locally between 12.00-14.00 on Tuesday at the Market Square, Flookburgh. Orders placed on www.wmcclure.co.uk before 16.00 the previous day.
– Plumgarths Butchers, Crook Road Shop open between 08.30-17.00. Tel: 01539-736300 Special Meat Pack Offer. 1 whole chicken, 4 beef burgers, 4 chicken fillets, 4 gammon steaks, 4 pork steaks, 2 x 500 g mince beef, 12 thin sausages, 6 thick sausages – £29.50
– Rogans Bistro, Cartmel. Tel 015395-35917, see their website www.roganandco.co.uk for home meals with free delivery. Takeaway menu with main courses at £5 each and fresh bread at £1
– Sticky Toffee Pudding Shop, Cartmel. The café has been temporarily closed but the shop is open 7 days a week 09.00-12.00 except Sunday 10.00-12.00
– Thyme Out Cafe, special offer 3 meals for £10 and cake boxes at £5 with free local delivery, see their website for details, www.thymeoutgrange.com or phone 015395-534079
– Tim the Milkman. Tel: 07920-771495 or 015395-33916 doorstep deliveries of milk, juice, eggs, butter etc.
– Waste Not, Want Not Food Bank/Shed, 6 Pitt Garth, Haggs Lane, Cartmel. This is collection only from the building/Shed in the front garden. The area is regularly sanitised in line Public Health guidelines.
GIFTS AND CARDS
– Ellie Heaven. Personalised and handcrafted cards. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
– Perfect English, 7 The Square, Cartmel. Tel: 015395 35911. House, garden and personal gifts. Contact email@example.com for contactless deliveries.
LOGS AND COAL
– Barkers Woodyard, Lindale for delivery of logs. Tel. 015395 32526 or Mobile 07786 006780 (Richard)
– Cosy Logs, Ings for delivery of logs. Mobile 07747 635334 or 07887 409829
– J.J. Coupland & Son Ltd – Approved Coal Merchant, Staveley. Deliveries fortnightly on Fridays to Cartmel area. 01539 821258 Mobile 07881 912404 firstname.lastname@example.org
– Stewart on 07977 336942. Locally Kiln Dried Logs delivered free in the CARTNET area.
– Tom Baron – Firewood and charcoal, Cartmel. 07733 290801
LOCAL SERVICES – Plumbers, Electrician etc.
– Alan Kell, Cartmel. Offering Heating and Plumbing Services during lockdown and is a specialist in occupational therapy design for bathrooms.
– Sebastian Wilson Electrician. Mobile 07932 635367
– Robinsons Electric, Grange over Sands. Shop closed but offering phone for advice and delivery/maintenance service Tel 015395 32077 or Mobile 07941 698795.
– South Lakes Drain Jetting. Tel 01539 732996 or Mobile 07887 691671.
– Vulcan Electrical Contractors. Contact Craig Lenette on 07751-206269.